Saturday, August 25, 2012

Girls, Women, Ladies : We have it all !

These past few days, I couldn't stop thinking about me as woman. Do we matter? Do we have a room in business and entrepreneurship? Or are we stuck in this little piece of meat we’re supposed to be because we like fashion and trends? Could fashion be matched with powerful business woman?

Firstly, I want to share a story with you, quite usual, but still, I want to share it.
Last week, I have been chatting up by a kind (but strange guy). Walking down the 2nd in Milwaukee a guy in his car asks to give me a ride. Of course, I say no, thinking that he could understand this simple word. But, I was wrong. One block further, the guy actually pulled over to begging to get into his car (freaky uh?). After, a 10 minutes debate, he finally gets it.
But what's wrong with you guys? Do you know that with such behavior we're just scared? I mean, literally.


That’s why, I was so relieved when I saw the campaign launched by ELLE Belgium (my home country): “Touche pas à ma pote” (“Don’t touch my girlfriend). Such a relieve to see, that fashion industry do care about those things.

Besides, we are still trying to “survive” in this crazy world; we can be powerful, aren’t we? As the Forbes’ top 100 of women who run the world just came out, I think we can. Even if the number one, Angela Merkel is not very interested about fashion (or doesn’t even try). We can find some other good example like the First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama (number 7). I had the honor to see her last Thursday and I can tell you she is as charming as Barack. She knows the issues people care about, she is real. And on the top of that, she has got a sense of humor that makes her more gorgeous. 




So girls, women, ladies, it's up to us because we can have it all !



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: